Services for Your Child
Thanking God for the gift of life.
Which Service for Your Child?
We offer two Anglican services for your child: a Baptism christening or a Thanksgiving christening. Their difference lies in the level of commitment of the parents to Jesus and to involvement in his local church.
Please contact us to discuss the differences and what suits you.
A Thanksgiving Christening
We understand that not everyone is ready for the commitments of baptism. So, if you want an Anglican service in which…
- you thank God for your child
- your child’s name is declared publicly
- we pray for your family
…then the Service of Thanksgiving for a Child is what you are looking for. This delightful and meaningful service can be arranged at a mutually convenient time at one of our church centres. Simply contact us to arrange a meeting with the minister and agree a date; no further preparation will be necessary. You can download a copy of this special service.
A Baptism Christening
In a Baptism Christening parents express high levels of personal commitment to Christ and his church. In this Anglican service of Public Baptism you as parents publicly declare your understanding that…
- Jesus Christ’s death on the cross was for the forgiveness of your sins
- Jesus Christ’s resurrection has put him in charge of your life
- your commitment to regularly attend and participate in the life of the local church with your children